Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Little Bit Country...Little Bit Rock and Roll

This past August I went home for a visit and one day we headed out to my uncle's land for an afternoon that could only happen in the country! It was filled with guns, shooting, a 4-wheeler, a flooded crick (not creek...crick), family, sunflower seeds, and sunshine.


 I shot three guns.  The first one was a .22.  I was kind of nervous about the kick-back, but it wasn't bad at all!







First time I shot a gun.   How's my grouping?

Then I shot the assault rifle that is in this picture, which was pretty awesome.  It even had the legs on the muzzle.  It was intense.


But...the coolest gun I shot was one my grandpa George made...and I mean made. (Sorry I don't have a good picture.)  He carved the wood from a block into gun.  My grandpa passed away when I was a baby.  If he had still been around, I think he would have been out showing me what to do.  Not that I would give up the experience I had  my dad and uncles (they are pretty awesome) but it would have been great to have him there.

I have fulfilled goal #12...learn to shoot a gun.

Yours affectionately,
A.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment