Thursday, September 15, 2011

I Gave Blood and All I Got Was a Huge Bruise...and Test Results

I have never given blood or had blood taken.  So, when I went to fulfill goal #18 to have have my cholesterol checked.  My family has history of heart problems and I decided I should take some preventative measures.  So...for the first time ever I gave blood.  This is what I found out.

     -I have small veins.
     -I bruise easily.  A week later, I still had a huge bruise on my arm.
     -My cholesterol is within the normal range.
     -It is super weird to watch as you give blood.  It really should just stay in my body.  It kind of freaks me out...one reason I've never given blood before.

Only one blood-giving-goal left to fulfill, #22 donate blood...is it creepy that there is more than one?  Is it creepy that there is one at all? Ah well...either way...goal #18...check!!

Yours affectionately,
A.H.

P.S. If you read this whole thing...you must really love me.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment