Thursday, March 3, 2011

Six-Word Memoirs

So I recently got a twitter account.  It is kind of interesting being limited to 140 characters.  It reminded me of one of my coffee table books.  It is called "Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs."  The whole book was based around an idea from Hemingway.  He wrote "For Sale: baby shoes, never worn" and proved that you could tell an entire story in six words.  The editors asked for people to submit their six words memoirs.  Here are some of my favorites:

Living for Jesus because Earth sucks.     -Johnny Johnson

Lucky in love, unlucky in metabolism.     -Leah Weathersby

Should have learned to count.     -David Wheatley

Put whole self in, shook about.     -Melissa Delzio

I don't know what mine is.  They are hard to write.  How about these:

Young woman seeks God and confidence.

Chic librarian finds love in books.

Austen fan in love with Wentworth.

Laughing with friends, living with fish.

I like them all!!!  Which one of mine is your favorite?  What is your six-word memoir?

Yours affectionately,
A.H.

2 comments:

  1. I like "Laughing with friends, living with fish." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. laughing with friends, living with fish...by far the best.

    ReplyDelete